Saturday 24 January 2015

My Husband has Nailed Toddler Parenting


'Ok, I'll just wait until you are ready...'

MrB is a genius, anytime that Ewan won't brush his teeth, or just doesn't fancy the piece of toast that I had the temerity to cut or most other toddler refusal situations, he breaks out thE above phrase.

No negotiating, no ultimatum, no promises of a chocolate biscuit.

'Ok Ewan, we'll just wait here until you are ready to get dressed'.

When I heard it, I thought he was off his rocker. Good luck getting that to work with Mr Stubborn.

It works, calmly and patiently, in a few seconds and probably prevents a good proportion of the negotiations and refusals from going into full on shouting.

I really need to do it more, MrB is so laid back he is simply marvellous.

So there you go, give it a try, relaxed and calm and much faster!

1 comment:

Comments are welcome, and it's nice to be nice.